The Classroom Support Office serves as the primary point of contact for training, maintenance and support for the Audio/Visual (A/V) technologies installed in learning spaces at SUNY Buffalo State. These technologies may include:
• A/V control systems
• Video and data projectors
• DVD/VCR units
• Document cameras
• Public Address systems
• 35 mm slide projectors
• Overhead (transparency) projectors
• Other Educational Technology including interactive whiteboards and student response systems
Our student workers will provide technical support to students, faculty and staff by phone and in person, perform routine maintenance on a regular basis, and work directly with staff members to learn equipment, set up for special events and resolve outstanding issues.
• Previous experience in A/V support or other customer service jobs
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Functional knowledge of Mac and Windows computing
Student workers are a key component of making sure that “up time” in classrooms throughout the campus is maximized. Swift responses both on the phone and in the field are expected. Promptness, common sense, dependability and responsibility are very important qualities for all of our workers.
Interested students should contact Tim Sager at 716-878-6821, or send a resumé and schedule of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buffalo State • 1300 Elmwood Avenue • Buffalo, New York 14222